Vesicare patient assistance program
Do you need help paying for your VESIcare medication? By applying for the VESIcare patient assistance program through Prescription Care, you may be able to get your VESIcare for a flat fee of $49 per month.*
We help by working directly with your healthcare provider to help you enroll in patient assistance programs for prescription medications. Prescription Care will handle the full enrollment process on your behalf. Our stress-free approach helps you get easy and affordable access to the medications you need.
Your monthly VESIcare cost savings if eligible
If you are eligible for VESIcare assistance, you could get your prescription for a flat fee of $49 per month. This fee covers the full cost of your VESIcare medicine, regardless of the retail price. You could save:
at US Pharmacy
at Prescription Care
with Prescription Care
at US Pharmacy
at Prescription Care
with Prescription Care
Am I eligible for the VESIcare patient assistance program?
Your eligibility for VESIcare assistance will be reviewed individually by Prescription Care. Most programs consider key factors including:
- US residency
- Combined household income
- Insurance status
Up to $36,000
Up to $50,000
Up to $100,000
How do I apply for the VESIcare patient assistance program?
Apply online for the VESIcare patient assistance program with Prescription Care. Simply fill in our online enrollment application and tell us about any medications you’re taking, including VESIcare. You will also need to confirm the details of your healthcare provider, your insurance plan, and your household income.
We will determine your potential eligibility and will handle the full enrollment process for you. When enrolled in the VESIcare patient assistance program, we’ll also request your VESIcare medication refills on your behalf for up to one year.
Is Prescription Care a VESIcare coupons provider?
Prescription Care is a service provider that helps eligible individuals access the VESIcare patient assistance program. We are not a VESIcare coupon, a VESIcare discount card, or a VESIcare copay card provider. Prescription Care does also not provide printable VESIcare manufacturer coupons, VESIcare discounts, rebates, VESIcare savings cards, trial offers, or free VESIcare samples.
You will likely save more with Prescription Care if you are looking for coupons for VESIcare or cheap VESIcare. Remember that your total cost for the medication will always be $49 per month.
Can Prescription Care help me get VESIcare if I have insurance?
We may be able to help if you have insurance. This is the case if your insurance company won’t pay for your VESIcare medication, or you have a high copay or coinsurance responsibility. It is likely that we may also be able to assist if you don’t have insurance or your Medicare plan doesn’t cover VESIcare. Apply online to find out more.
How much is VESIcare with insurance?
The cost of VESIcare with insurance will depend on the terms of your healthcare plan. Your pharmacist or insurance provider will be able to calculate your copay with your current insurance. Contact them to find out what you may need to pay.
How much does VESIcare cost without insurance?
VESIcare prices without insurance will vary depending on the amount you buy and where you buy it from. As a guide, a pack of 15, 5mg VESIcare tablets will cost around $240.
What is VESIcare?
VESIcare is a prescription medicine given to adults to treat the following symptoms caused by an overactive bladder:
- Having to urinate frequently (urinary frequency)
- A sudden, strong urge to urinate without any prior warning (urinary urgency)
- Not being able to stop yourself urinating (incontinence)
VESIcare comes as a tablet that must be taken with water, usually once a day. It helps to stop your bladder contracting, letting it hold more urine. This can reduce how often you need to urinate, can stop you suddenly needing to urinate, and can help with incontinence.
VESIcare active ingredients
The active ingredient in VESIcare is called solifenacin. It helps to stop your bladder contracting, letting it hold more urine.
Solifenacin works by relaxing smooth muscle tissue in your bladder. When this smooth muscle tissue contracts, it makes you want to urinate. A natural chemical in your body, called acetylcholine, causes your smooth muscle tissue to contract when it attaches to areas on the surface of the tissue called receptors. But solifenacin attaches to these receptors first, blocking acetylcholine. This helps to stop your smooth muscle tissue contracting and keeps it relaxed for longer.
VESIcare side effects & VESIcare drug interactions
The most common side effects caused by VESIcare include:
- A dry mouth
- Blurred vision
- An increase in urinary tract infections
- An increased risk of heat exhaustion or heat-stroke when you take VESIcare in hot environments. Symptoms can include sweating less, a rise in body temperature, dizziness, tiredness, and feeling sick
VESIcare can sometimes cause more serious side effects. These are rarer but can include severe allergic reactions to the medication. Symptoms can include hives, a skin rash, severe itching, swelling of your face, mouth or tongue, and trouble breathing. VESIcare can also interact with other medications, including:
- Other anticholinergic medications (medications like VESIcare that stop acetylcholine working)
- Cholinergic medications (have the opposite effect of anticholinergic medications)
- Any medications that affect how fast your digestive system works, like metoclopramide or cisapride
- Antifungal medications that contain ketoconazole or itraconazole
- HIV/AIDS medications that contain ritonavir or nelfinavir
- Medications that contain verapamil or diltiazem, used to treat high blood pressure, angina, and supraventricular tachycardia
- Any bisphosphonate medications
- Any antibiotics that contain rifampicin
- Antiseizure medications that contain phenytoin or carbamazepine
VESIcare warnings & precautions
Don’t take VESIcare if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredient solifenacin, or any of the other ingredients in VESIcare
- Have a problem emptying your bladder (urinary retention)
- Have a delayed or slowed emptying of your stomach (gastric retention)
- Have an eye problem called uncontrolled narrow-angle glaucoma
- Are under 18 years of age
Talk to your doctor before taking VESIcare if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with VESIcare
- Have any stomach or intestinal problems
- Have any problems with constipation
- Have a weak urine stream or any problems emptying your bladder
- Have an eye problem called narrow-angle glaucoma
- Have a rare heart problem called QT prolongation
- Have any liver problems
- Have any kidney problems
- Are pregnant
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed
VESIcare can cause drowsiness and blurred vision. This can impair your ability to drive, use machinery, or perform other dangerous tasks. Don’t do so after taking VESIcare until you’re confident it doesn’t make you drowsy or affect your vision.