Trulicity patient assistance program
Have you been prescribed Trulicity for type 2 diabetes? Are you looking for an affordable solution to access your essential medication? Prescription Care may be able to help. With our assistance, you could get your Trulicity medication for just $49 per month* through the Trulicity patient assistance program.
We work directly with your healthcare provider to help you enroll in patient assistance programs.
Your monthly Trulicity cost savings if eligible
If eligible for the Trulicity patient assistance program you could save significantly every month on the cost of your medication. You will only pay a flat fee of $49 per month. You could save:
at US Pharmacy
at Prescription Care
with Prescription Care
at US Pharmacy
at Prescription Care
with Prescription Care
Am I eligible for the Trulicity patient assistance program?
The eligibility criteria for Trulicity assistance will be determined by the assistance program. We will help you to determine if you may be eligible for assistance before applying. We review each Trulicity assistance program application individually, although the main factors considered by most programs are:
- US residency
- Combined household income
- Insurance status
Up to $36,000
Up to $50,000
Up to $100,000
How do I apply for the Trulicity patient assistance program?
Prescription Care takes the stress out of applying for the Trulicity patient assistance program. To start the process, you will need to complete your enrollment application online. At this stage, it’s important to provide accurate about your healthcare provider, your insurance plan, and your household income. We’ll also ask you to tell us about any medications you’re taking, including Trulicity.
We will then determine your potential eligibility for Trulicity assistance and will handle the full application process for you. Once enrolled in the program, we’ll also request your Trulicity medication refills on your behalf for up to 12 months.
Is Prescription Care a Trulicity coupons provider?
Prescription Care is a service provider that helps eligible individuals access the Trulicity patient assistance program. That means that we are not a Trulicity coupons provider, a Trulicity discount card provider, or a Trulicity copay card provider. What we offer is a stress-free way to access the medications you need at an affordable price. This does not include printable Trulicity manufacturer coupons, Trulicity discounts, rebates, Trulicity savings cards, trial offers, or free Trulicity samples.
Can Prescription Care help me get Trulicity if I have insurance?
If your insurance company won’t pay for your Trulicity medication, or you have a high copay or coinsurance responsibility, you may be eligible for the patient assistance program. This could even be the case if you don’t have insurance or your Medicare plan doesn’t cover Trulicity. Apply online with Prescription Care today to find out more.
How much is Trulicity with insurance?
The cost of Trulicity with insurance will depend on the terms of your healthcare plan. Contact your insurance provider or pharmacist to calculate your copay with your current insurance plan.
How much does Trulicity cost without insurance?
Trulicity prices without insurance will vary depending on where you buy the medication from. As a guide, a pack of 4 injectable pens, at either 0.75 mg/0.5 ml or 1.5 mg/0.5 ml strength, will cost around $2,000.
What is Trulicity?
Trulicity is a medication prescribed to adults who have type 2 diabetes. It helps to:
- Reduce blood sugar levels, when used alongside exercise and diet changes
- Reduce the risk of serious heart problems, like strokes or heart attacks, in people with heart disease or who are at risk of heart problems
If you have type 2 diabetes, you may not produce enough insulin, or you may even become resistant to insulin. If this happens, you will absorb less sugar from your blood, resulting in your blood sugar levels remaining too high.
Trulicity can help you lower your blood sugar. It encourages your pancreas to secrete more insulin and reduces how much sugar is released into your blood. This can help to reduce your diabetes symptoms and the likelihood of developing other serious health conditions if taken alongside changes to your daily life like increased exercise and a healthier diet. Trulicity is usually taken once a week by injecting it under your skin using a pre-filled injection pen.
Trulicity active ingredients
When you take Trulicity, the active ingredient dulaglutide is absorbed into your digestive system where it has two effects. It binds with areas on some of your cells called GLP1R receptors, which encourages your pancreas to make more insulin. This allows other cells in your body to more effectively remove sugar from your blood. At the same time, dulaglutide also reduces how much sugar your pancreas secretes into your blood. The combination of these two processes can reduce your blood sugar levels.
Trulicity side effects & Trulicity drug interactions
Common Trulicity side effects include:
- Feeling sick (nausea)
- Being sick (vomiting)
- Abdominal (stomach) pain
- Reduced appetite
Less common and rarer Trulicity side effects include:
- Severe allergic reactions to the medication
- Thyroid tumors and a type of thyroid cancer called medullary thyroid carcinoma
- Inflammation of your pancreas (pancreatitis)
- Kidney problems, including kidney failure
- Hypoglycemia – your blood sugar falling too low – particularly when used with other medications like insulin or sulfonylurea
- Severe stomach problems
- Changes in your vision
If you take any of the below medications, they can interact with Trulicity and potentially impact its effectiveness. You should let your physician know about all other medications you take as this could even cause certain side effects to become more severe.
- Any other diabetes medications, like insulin or sulfonylureas
- Other medications that can lower your blood sugar levels, like diuretics, corticosteroids, estrogens, oral contraceptives, nicotinic acid, and calcium channel blocking drugs
- Any medications absorbed through your stomach, as Trulicity may increase the absorption of these drugs by keeping them in your stomach for longer
Trulicity warnings & precautions
Don’t take Trulicity if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredient dulaglutide
- Are allergic to any of the other ingredients in Trulicity
- Have type 1 diabetes (Trulicity is for type 2 diabetes only)
- Have diabetic ketoacidosis – a potentially life-threatening condition caused by diabetes where you break down body fat too quickly
- Have a type of thyroid cancer called medullary thyroid carcinoma, or a family member has or had this
- Have an endocrine system condition called multiple endocrine neoplasia syndrome type 2
- Are under 18 years of age
Talk to your physician before taking Trulicity if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Trulicity (see the section above)
- Have or have had any problems with your pancreas
- Have or have had any problems with your liver
- Have or have had any problems with your kidneys
- Have severe stomach or intestinal problems
- Have a history of diabetic retinopathy (a complication of diabetes that affects your eyes)
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed