Jardiance patient assistance program
Have you been prescribed Jardiance for type 2 diabetes? Are you looking for assistance to pay for your prescription? We may be able to help.
At Prescription Care we assist eligible individuals enroll in patient assistance programs for prescription medications. With our help you may be able to get your Jardiance for $49 per month*, through the Jardiance patient assistance program. We will handle the full enrollment process for you, helping you to get affordable ongoing access to the medications you need.
Your monthly Jardiance cost savings if eligible
Through the Jardiance patient assistance program, the only cost you will need to pay is $49. This applies regardless of the retail price of your medication. You could save the following every month:
at US Pharmacy
at Prescription Care
with Prescription Care
at US Pharmacy
at Prescription Care
with Prescription Care
Am I eligible for the Jardiance patient assistance program?
If you meet the eligibility criteria for Jardiance assistance, you could receive your Jardiance without paying the full retail price. We review each Jardiance assistance program application individually, although the main factors considered by most programs are:
- US residency
- Combined household income
- Insurance status
Up to $36,000
Up to $50,000
Up to $100,000
How do I apply for the Jardiance patient assistance program?
Applying for the Jardiance patient assistance program with Prescription Care is simple and straightforward. The first step is to fill in our online enrollment application and tell us about any medications you’re taking, including Jardiance. We’ll also ask for details about your healthcare provider, your insurance plan, and your household income. This information is required by the pharmaceutical manufacturers who ship your medication, so it’s important that it is accurate and up to date.
Once we determine that you may be eligible for Jardiance assistance, we’ll handle the full enrollment process for you. We will also request your Jardiance medication refills on your behalf for up to one year once you are enrolled in the Jardiance patient assistance program.
Is Prescription Care a Jardiance coupons provider?
Prescription Care is not a Jardiance coupon, a Jardiance discount card, or a Jardiance copay card provider. We don’t offer printable Jardiance manufacturer coupons, Jardiance discounts, rebates, Jardiance savings cards, trial offers, or free Jardiance samples. Prescription Care is a service provider that helps eligible individuals access the Jardiance patient assistance program.
Can Prescription Care help me get Jardiance if I have insurance?
We may be able to assist you if your insurance company won’t pay for your Jardiance medication, or you have a high copay or coinsurance responsibility. We may even be able to assist if you don’t have insurance. Apply online with Prescription Care to find out more.
How much is Jardiance with insurance?
The price you will need to pay for Jardiance with insurance will depend on the terms of your healthcare plan. To find out more, contact your insurance provider or pharmacist, as they will be able to calculate your copay with your current insurance.
How much does Jardiance cost without insurance?
Jardiance prices without insurance will vary depending on the amount you buy and your chosen retailer. A pack of 30, 10 mg Jardiance tablets will likely cost between $600 to $675. Please note that this is a guide price.
What is Jardiance?
Jardiance is a medicine prescribed to adults with type 2 diabetes. It’s used to reduce blood sugar levels (when used alongside exercise and diet changes) and to reduce the risk of death by cardiovascular disease.
The medication can help you lower your blood sugar levels when taken alongside dietary and lifestyle changes. It causes you to excrete more sugar in your urine than you would normally. This lowers your blood sugar and helps to reduce your risk of health conditions like cardiovascular disease. Jardiance comes as a tablet you swallow with water.
Jardiance active ingredients
The active ingredient in Jardiance is called empagliflozin. It lowers your blood sugar levels by causing you to lose more sugar in your urine than you usually would.
Your kidneys help recycle sugar back into your blood from your urine, with the help of a protein called SGLT-2. Empagliflozin blocks this protein from working, reducing how much sugar your kidneys recycle. This makes you lose more sugar in your urine, rather than it being excreted back into your blood.
Jardiance side effects & Jardiance drug interactions
As is the case with most medications, Jardiance can cause side effects. You might not experience any, but the most common can include:
- Genital yeast infections (thrush) in both men and women
- Needing to urinate more often and urinating more than usual
- Feeling more thirsty than usual
- A skin rash – this may be itchy and include raised bumps and blisters that leak fluid, and may cause your skin to redden
- An increase in cholesterol levels (this may show up in blood tests)
In rare instances, Jardiance can cause more serious side effects, including:
- Severe allergic reactions to the medication
- A rare but serious bacterial infection that damages tissue under the skin (necrotizing fasciitis) in the area between the anus and genitals (perineum)
- Diabetic ketoacidosis, a potentially life-threatening condition where your body breaks down too much fat too quickly, causing you to produce high levels of blood acids called ketones
- Hypoglycemia – your blood sugar falling too low – particularly when used with other medications like insulin or sulfonylurea
- An increased risk of serious urinary tract infections
- A high and potentially harmful increase in your cholesterol levels
Jardiance can also interact with other medications, which can limit its effectiveness, including:
- Any other diabetes medications, like insulin or sulfonylureas
- Other medications that can lower your blood sugar levels, like diuretics, corticosteroids, estrogens, oral contraceptives, nicotinic acid, and calcium channel blocking drugs
Jardiance warnings & precautions
Don’t take Jardiance if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredient empagliflozin
- Are allergic to any of the other ingredients in Jardiance
- Have type 1 diabetes (Jardiance is for type 2 diabetes only)
- Are under 18 years of age
Talk to your doctor before taking Jardiance if you:
- Have any liver or kidney problems
- Have or have ever had problems with your pancreas, like pancreatitis or surgery on your pancreas
- Have a history of urinary tract infections or any problems with urination
- Often drink alcohol, or drink a lot of alcohol in a short period of time (“binge” drinking)
- Are going to have surgery in the near future
- Are eating less than usual or have changed your diet
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed