Avycaz patient assistance program
Have you been prescribed Avycaz for a bacterial infection? With our assistance, you could get your Avycaz prescription for a flat fee of $49 per month.*
By working alongside your healthcare provider, we can help you enroll in patient assistance programs for prescription medications, including Avycaz. Prescription Care handles the full application process for you, helping you to get easy and affordable access to the medications you need.
Your monthly Avycaz cost savings if eligible
With our help, you could get your Avycaz prescription for a flat fee of $49 per month. This single monthly fee covers the full cost of your Avycaz prescription. Every month, you could save:
at US Pharmacy
at Prescription Care
with Prescription Care
Am I eligible for the Avycaz patient assistance program?
For us to be able to enroll you in the Avycaz patient assistance program, you will need to meet the eligibility criteria for assistance. We review each enrollment application individually, although the main factors considered by most programs will likely include:
How do I apply for the Avycaz patient assistance program?
We make it as easy as possible to apply for the Avycaz patient assistance program. Just fill in our online enrollment application, and tell us about any medications you’re taking, including Avycaz. We’ll also ask for details about your healthcare provider, your insurance plan, and your household income.
Once Prescription Care determines if you may be eligible for Avycaz assistance, we’ll handle the full enrollment process for you. Once you are successfully enrolled in the Avycaz patient assistance program, we’ll also request your Avycaz medication refills on your behalf for up to one year.
Is Prescription Care an Avycaz coupons provider?
Prescription Care is a service provider that helps eligible individuals get access to the Avycaz patient assistance program. We are not an Avycaz coupon, an Avycaz discount card, or an Avycaz copay card provider. We don’t offer printable Avycaz manufacturer coupons, Avycaz discounts, rebates, Avycaz savings cards, trial offers, or free Avycaz samples.
When obtaining your Avycaz medication through us, your total cost will always be $49 per month. This is likely to be the most cost-effective option to secure your essential medication on an ongoing basis.
Can Prescription Care help me get Avycaz if I have insurance?
We may be able to assist in a range of scenarios. This includes if your insurance company won’t pay for your Avycaz medication, or you have a high copay or coinsurance responsibility. We may even be able to assist if you don’t have insurance or your healthcare plan doesn’t cover Avycaz. Complete your online enrollment application to find out more.
How much is Avycaz with insurance?
The cost of Avycaz with insurance will depend on your healthcare plan. Your insurance provider or pharmacist will be able to calculate your copay with your current insurance.
If you’re successfully enrolled in the patient assistance program and approved for assistance, you’ll likely save more if you get your Avycaz medication through Prescription Care.
How much does Avycaz cost without insurance?
Avycaz prices without insurance can vary by retailer. As a guide, a supply of 0.5 g/2 g Avycaz powder for solution for 8 injections can cost around $2,900. With Prescription Care you’ll always pay a flat monthly fee of $49.
What is Avycaz?
Avycaz is a combination prescription medication used to treat bacterial infections, specifically:
- Complicated intra-abdominal infections (cIAI), alongside an antibiotic called metronidazole, in adults and children aged 3 months and over
- Complicated urinary tract infections (cUTI) in adults and children aged 3 months and over
- Hospital-acquired bacterial pneumonia (HABP) in patients 18 years and older
- Ventilator-associated bacterial pneumonia (VABP) in patients 18 years and older
Avycaz is often used to treat these infections, often after an initial antibiotic hasn’t worked or alongside other antibiotics. It is a dual-action treatment that can kill bacteria by lowering their defenses and by weakening their protective cell walls, allowing your immune system to clear the infection.
The medication is given by an intravenous infusion (as a liquid solution) directly into a vein, usually by a doctor or other healthcare professional. The dose, frequency, and how many infusions you’ll need will depend on your age, health, and condition.
Avycaz active ingredients
Avycaz has two active ingredients, called ceftazidime and avibactam, that work in combination to fight certain bacterial infections.
Ceftazidime is an antibiotic medication that can kill some types of bacteria by disrupting their ability to build a protective wall around themselves. This makes the bacteria more vulnerable and easier for your immune system to destroy.
Avibactam is a medication that stops bacteria from defending themselves against antibiotics like ceftazidime. Some bacteria can produce a substance called beta-lactamase that makes ceftazidime less effective. But avibactam stops beta-lactamase working, lowering bacteria’s defenses, making ceftazidime more potent.
Avycaz side effects & Avycaz drug interactions
When Avycaz does cause side effects, the most common can include:
- Nausea (feeling sick)
- Vomiting (being sick)
- Stomach pain (abdominal pain)
In rare instances, Avycaz can cause more serious side effects, including:
- Severe allergic reactions to the medication that can cause anaphylaxis and serious skin reactions
- Seizures and other neurological problems like brain damage (encephalopathy) and coma – this is more likely in patients with kidney problems
- An increased risk of severe diarrhea caused by a bacterial infection called Clostridium difficile (Clostridium difficile-associated diarrhea – CDAD), which can lead to fatal colitis (an inflammatory digestive disease)
Avycaz can interact with both Probenecid (Probalan), taken to reduce uric acid levels in people with gout, and Ceftazidime (Fortaz, Tazicef) which is another antibiotic. If you’re unsure whether you’re taking any of these, take the packaging of all your medications and supplements to your doctor or pharmacist.
Avycaz warnings & precautions
Don’t take Avycaz if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredient ceftazidime and avibactam
- Are allergic to any of the other ingredients in Avycaz
- Are allergic to any other medications that contain avibactam
- Are allergic to any other medications belonging to the cephalosporin class of antibiotics
- Are under 18 years of age for hospital-acquired bacterial pneumonia and ventilator-associated bacterial pneumonia
Avycaz should not be given to infants under 3 months of age for complicated intra-abdominal infections and complicated urinary tract infections.
Talk to your doctor before taking Avycaz if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Avycaz
- Have any kidney problems
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed
- Are 65 years of age or older